RYAN WHITE HIV CAR NETWORK
Ryan White HIV CARE Network of Northeastern New York. Since 1996, CCSNYS has served as lead agency for the Ryan White HIV CARE Network of Northeastern New York, a planning consortium that serves as the focal point for HIV/AIDS related planning and advocacy in Albany, Clinton, Columbia, Delaware, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Hamilton, Montgomery, Otsego, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren, and Washington Counties. With Ryan White Title II funding provided through the New York State Department of Health AIDS Institute, the Network works to identify gaps in HIV/AIDS services in the region and provides a visible and powerful source of support and advocacy for those infected and affected by HIV/AIDS in Northeastern New York.
Over 450 Network members, including individuals infected with HIV/AIDS, service providers and community members, are involved in Network activities that:
- plan, coordinate, and advocate for a continuum of care that meets the complete needs of persons living with HIV/AIDS in Northeastern New York;
- promote coordination and integration of the community resources allocated to the pandemic; and
- enhance the quality and continuity of HIV/AIDS care in the region.
The Network activities are conducted through the work of several committees that address a wide range of issues. All committee meetings are free and open the public with the exception of the PLWA Committee which is restricted to self-identified persons living with HIV or AIDS. The committees include the:
- Steering Committee which serves as the decision-making body of the HIV CARE Network, providing direction and guidance for all Network activities. The meetings are held on the second Monday of the month at the Council of Community Services office from 1 PM - 3 PM.
- Service Plan Committee which assesses changes in HIV/AIDS epidemiology, service structure, and environment in the region yearly in order to identify regional service and funding priorities. The Committee meets as needed to update the Service Delivery Plan.
- Case Management Committee which assists in the coordination of HIV/AIDS case management services throughout the region and works to keep case management staff up-to-date on issues currently affecting their clients. The Committee meets on the 4th Tuesday of the month at the Council of Community Services office from 9 AM - 10:30 AM.
- People Living with HIV/AIDS (PLWA) Advisory Committee, a voice for people living with HIV/AIDS in the Network region. The committee provides outreach and support to regional PLWAs through retreats, support groups, and community forums. The Committee meets on the 4th Wednesday of the month at the Albany Damien Center, 12 South Lake Street in Albany from noon - 1:30 PM with lunch served.
- Community Awareness Committee that monitors HIV/AIDS-related legislation, keeps Network members and the community at large apprised of key HIV/AIDS issues, and sponsors an annual AIDS Awareness Day to educate policymakers about the challenges currently faced by the HIV/AIDS community. The Committee meets on the third Thursday of the month at the Council of Community Services office from 1 PM - 3 PM.
- Service Delivery Plan Committee: August 23, 2007 at 11:30 AM
- Steering Committee: September 10, 2007 at 1 PM
- Community Awareness Committee: September 20, 2007 at 1 PM
- Case Management Committee: September 25, 2007 at 9 AM
- PLWA Committee: September 26, 2007 at Albany Damien Center noon - 1:30 PM
For more information, contact Jill Farnham, Network Coordinator, (518) 434-9194 ext. 116.